Named after the founder of the nearby George Heriot's school, this second floor suite looks south over the Old Town towards the glorious 17th-century building that is Heriot's today. It is easy to understand why it is thought to have inspired Hogwarts!
Entered from a dramatic black and gold hallway, the Heriot's sitting room is panelled with ancient oak panels from St Giles' Cathedral and has walls hung with tapestry. Striking antler furniture features in the breakfast area.
A sumptuous four-poster bed, complete with huge gothic headboard, is lavishly draped with embroidered green and gold velvet hangings. Off of the bedroom is a walk-in dressing room with dressing table and masses of wardrobe space. The gothic chapel-like bathroom is a final hidden delight.
The Heriot's bathroom features a free-standing roll-top bath, dramatic painted ceiling and gilded and mirrored gothic panelling.
Suite Features and thoughtful touches
- Complimentary continental breakfast hamper for your suite or à la cart breakfast in the Original Dining Room
- Southerly views to Heriot's and the Old Town
- Seating areas in both sitting room and bedroom
- Dressing room leading to gothic chapel bathroom
- Smart TV
- Nespresso Coffee machine, selection of Pekoe tea and mineral water
- Complimentary nibbles and treats
- Dyson hairdryer
- Penhaligon's Toiletries
- Safe deposit box
- Turndown service
- Velvet-draped gothic four-poster bed
- Separate panelled sitting room leading to bedroom
- Bottle of Champagne in your suite on arrival when you book direct
- Second floor suite reached by stone turret stair above the restaurant
- Amazon Echo voice controlled music system
- Mood adjustable lighting
- Complimentary The Witchery tote bag
- GHD hair straighteners
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Complimentary parking at our sister property Prestonfield House with complimentary taxi journey to The Witchery and return