SAFETY AT THE WITCHERY
We hope you and your loved ones have been keeping safe and well during this extraordinary time.
As always, the comfort, safety and well-being of our guests and team at The Witchery is our top priority and you can be assured that we will be complying with all Government requirements, standards and regulations as well as adding a few of our own.
Your journey at The Witchery may feel slightly different however we have not compromised on the magical atmosphere of our historic dining rooms and suites. We have all been working very hard to ensure that you will still have a very safe, comfortable and memorable experience with us and that we can still exceed your expectations.
We are all hugely excited at the thought of welcoming you back and hope you are too.
The welcome you receive will be warmer than ever. Now more than ever, your loyalty and custom really matters and we will make sure you feel safe, secure and truly valued.
If you have any questions or concerns about your visit, please feel free to contact me personally at any time.
Looking forward to seeing you soon
With warmest wishes,
COVID-19 - last updated Sunday 20th December 2020
In line with the latest restrictions announced by the Scottish Government on 19th December, the Witchery will be closed from 25th December 2020 until 14th January 2021.
From 20th December - 24th December, we will be open for lunch between 12 - 6pm. Dinner is served between 6.30 - 8pm for hotel residents. Service will be limited to the provision of food and non-alcoholic drinks.
If your reservation to stay or dine with us is affected by the latest restrictions we will be in touch with you soon.
Our very best wishes for the festive season from us all at the Witchery. We are looking forward to seeing you in 2021, and we are sure it will be a much better year for us all.
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU
Enhanced Cleaning Procedures
- Our cleaning products and procedures meet Government guidelines for effective use against viruses and bacteria.
- Hand sanitiser dispensers are available throughout our buildings.
- High touch points are sanitised, where possible after every guest interaction or at least every 40 minutes.
- Mandatory hand washing or sanitisation is compulsory for all The Witchery team, at least every 20 minutes and always before starting work and before and after breaks.
Social Distancing and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Guests and the Witchery team must practice social distancing wherever possible
- The layout of the dining rooms and outdoor spaces has been altered to enable social distancing with items of furniture removed and markings and screens added where necessary
- Masks are mandatory for guests and staff as they move around the buildings.
- All Witchery staff will be provided with Government approved PPE.
- Our team have received comprehensive training to ensure awareness of and strict adherence to Government guidelines, the Witchery’s new cleaning and sanitising procedures and social distancing.
- Our team are asked to self-isolate at home if they, or someone in their household, has any COVID-19 symptoms.
- Non-invasive temperature checks are taken of all guests and Witchery colleagues on entry to our buildings. Anyone displaying a temperature of 38C/100F will be asked to wait in a private area for 10 minutes and then have temperature re-checked. Those with a high temperature will be asked to go home and take advice if symptoms worsen.
- To comply with the Scottish Governments ‘Test and Protect’ procedure we will store the primary contact’s telephone number for all reservations. These details will only be used in the event of a case of coronavirus. This data will be stored in line with GDPR regulations and deleted after 21 days.
- There is a maximum of two households allowed for each table.
- We kindly request that you wear a face covering at all times when not seated at your table.
- We will contact you ahead of your visit to confirm your reservation and ensure we have the mobile telephone number of the primary contact
- The number of tables in each dining room has been reduced to maintain social distancing
- Air conditioning in our dining rooms is switched off for safety precautions and we ventilate all areas after each meal period or event
- Tables are spaced in accordance with government guidelines for social distancing
- Should you be paying for your meal with a voucher please provide the voucher number when you reserve, and the voucher will be automatically redeemed from your bill. No need to bring physical voucher.
- Unfortunately, we no longer accept cash payments
- Rigorous cleaning procedures take place five times a day
- Our chefs wear Government approved PPE while preparing your food and work from set stations using their own utensils. Where the sharing of equipment is required these will be sanitised before and after each use.
- We continue to maintain the strictest food hygiene procedures throughout all dining areas
- Single use disposable menus are available.
- Our menus are also available on our website so guests may view them on their smart phones
- Wine lists are available on our website for guests to view from their smart phone or via sanitised tablets
STAYING AT THE WITCHERY
Before your stay:
- We will send you a prearrival email informing you of our new health and safety measures
- Please communicate your arrival times 24 hours prior to your stay, allowing us to ensure social distancing
- All correspondence including confirmations, pre-stay communications, billing and payment receipt are available via email.
- Should you be paying with a voucher please provide us with the unique voucher number, there is no need to bring the physical voucher with you.
- We encourage you to make a full pre-payment for your stay ahead of arrival and any extras throughout your stay will be taken from your given card details on day of check-out with final bill and receipts emailed to you
- Unfortunately, we no longer accept cash payments
ENTERING THE WITCHERY
- You will be asked to sanitise your hands on entering the building and to follow Government advice on washing and sanitising your hands throughout your stay.
- Please wear a face covering whilst moving about the premises.
- We will always ask your permission prior to handling your luggage. We use disposable gloves for each interaction.
- Guest room keys are sanitised prior to your arrival
- We kindly ask you to retain your key throughout your stay
- On checking out please leave key in suite
- After our suites have been thoroughly cleaned and sanitised, they are sealed and will not be entered until the door is opened for you on arrival.
- Windows can be opened to provide ventilation
- Books have been removed
- We will not be providing a turn down service at present. However as ever if there is anything you require please contact reception.
- Our Continental breakfast options have been amended to avoid entering your suite. A Continental breakfast basket can be left at the entrance to your suite or alternatively a Full cooked breakfast option is available in the restaurant.
- All bed linens are removed and bagged in the suite and washed on the hottest temperature possible.
Suite cancellation policy
- In September, October and November - should your plans change please provide us with 7 days notice and be able to transfer to a future date.
Our health and safety procedures will be updated regularly in line with Scottish Government guidelines
If you have any questions or concerns please just ask a member of our team or contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org before your visit.