Baroque over-the-top camp glamour at it's most outrageous - haunted by celebrities rather than ghosts
The Travel Editor
The Witchery's very-first suite features an antique Victorian bath in the lacquer red bathroom, a tartan-lined study and a lavishly draped four-poster bed in the rich red and gold bedroom.
Packed with antiques and collectibles, this spacious first floor suite was the very first suite created by James Thomson at the Witchery. It is exceptionally romantic and gothic, with an antique four-poster bed, a raised dining area and a separate study/sitting room tricked out in tartan. A favourite with visiting celebrities, this suite features a wonderfully restored Victorian bath and shower and a mass of antiques in the lacquer-red bathroom. Other features include a tapestry draped four-poster bed, and window seats overlooking the Royal Mile together with masses of antiques, military uniforms and collectibles.
• Antique four-poster bed draped with tapestry and velvets
• Raised breakfast area overlooking the Royal Mile
• Sofa and seating area at fireplace
• Separate tartan-lined study
• Richly-decorated bathroom with antique bath
• Masses of antiques and collectables
• First floor suite reached by a stone turret stair above the restaurant.
The Inner Sanctum costs £325 -£360 per night inclusive of tax, breakfast hamper for two served in your suite, newspaper, mineral water and a bottle of Champagne in your suite on arrival.
A full a la Carte Breakfast Menu is available daily in the original Witchery from 8.30 - 10.00am.